Thursday, September 3, 2009

Power of Taking Risks, Making Mistakes & Forgiveness...

Photos Source: http://media.photobucket.com/image/forgiveness/marianinia/forgiveness.gif

“There are no Mistakes. The Events we bring upon Ourselves, no Matter how Unpleasant, are Necessary in Order to Learn what we need to Learn; Whatever Steps We take, they're necessary to Reach the Places we've Chosen to Go.” Richard Bach

I've made a Truck load of mistakes in my life...

Consciously and Subconsciously..

All of us want to succeed, but it's what " I don't know, that I don't know" that is setting me up for repeating the loop of mistakes I'm making in my life..

As a child ...
I had made the mistake of reticence of allowing those childhood molesters get away scout free, one of them was then a police officer ... perhaps this is my unconscious defiance of authorities that I still harbor within

As a teenager seeking company...
I had made the mistake of choosing the wrong company taking a detour from the straight path to that of the dark forces of life...

As a teenager in love...
I'd made the mistake of choosing the wrong man to be with staying stuck a relationship that doesn't serve me at all, allowing myself to be physically and emotionally abused, just proving & affirming my then unworthy self..

As a daughter....
I'd made the mistake of not speaking to my dad for years out of rebellion of the untamed youth rage, to finally speak to him in his final days... only for him to pass away just a month after we spoke... ahh.. those wasted years of unspoken love..

As a mother....
I had made the mistake of causing undue pressure onto my kids causing words and actions which ought not to be uttered or done..

As an entrepreneur...
I had made the mistake of bad investment decisions causing the ship to hit the iceberg and sink losing my best crew on board..

As I wear many hats in my colourful life

Walk in different shoes at various paths of life

Juggle this multi faceted roles and responsibilities

I know no matter how the wheels turn, I have to keep on moving, forward, making mistakes as I go along, but never Quit, for if I stop the wheels of life stop to a grinding halt and the journey is over..

I hold dear this quote "Success seems to be Connected with Action. Successful people keep Moving. They make Mistakes, but they don't Quit. ~ Conrad Hilton"

I'll keep walking with my head high, no matter how hard it may be...

I have made the commitment to walk the road less traveled

It's a choice I make and I will stay with it

For it ain't over until it's over

Until the day I don't see another sun rise, that will be the end of life here for me..as I travel to the next world...

Till then, this earth is my place I'll Serve..

For all the mistakes I've made..

I know there is only one way out...

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall. Confucius"

Rising, to me, means to Forgive myself first, from these years of self inflicted pain and punishment...


that is to Forgive first myself, from these years of self inflicted pain and punishment...

To Forgive myself such that I stop this self inflicted pain..

To Forgive myself such that I am clear to receive the Love of my Creator that He may use me to Shine His Light Through me..

For the Light can't shine through with these blocks still within the way...

I Forgive Myself and Love myself, and with that I start a new today ...

“To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”
~ Lewis B. Smedes


~ Suria Mohd

PS: We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves
~ Dalai Lama http://bit.ly/zUUzS

1 comment:

Charu said...

Its really a very honest article Suria, straight from heart..you express yourself very well....keep writing..
charu
www.womenlines.com